Hey friends, Maxime here
Last weekend and this week was a lot about improving my site and pushing it live. Now there's officially a dark mode, and it lasts for the duration of your visit over there. I also added an archive of the old newsletters, not all of them since this process if somewhat manual, but all future ones will be there. There's a bunch of other small QoL things that were needed, but those will be for you to find out ;)
P.S. The onboarding test is for next week if you're interested there's still time click here
- "Be forgiving with your past self. Be strict with your present self. Be flexible with your future self."
- “It has always appalled me that really bright scientists almost all work in the most competitive fields, the ones in which they are making the least difference. In other words, if they were hit by a truck, the same discovery would be made by somebody else about 10 minutes later.” — Aubrey de Grey
- “Above all, do not lose your desire to walk: Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.” — Søren Kierkegaard
Interesting Articles 📰
Wait what?! 🤖 :
Developer 💻 :
- That is a nice take on how to do bug triaging, reporting, and handling. There's a lot of excellent ideas in there like making sure all dev only have one queue for tasks and bugs, not 12 (CEO called, a server is broken, this typo on the page, that manager want this, those two bugs in this system, those other 3 in that system)
There Are No Bugs, Just TODOs
Technology 💾 :
- That is super clever and will become more critical as we move forward with more and more facial recognition in A.I. I like that it's basically exploiting human limitation that computers don't have to fool them and not us.
Fawkes: Image “Cloaking” for Personal Privacy
Security 🔒 :
- Ever wondered how google can debug their outage fast across massively distributed systems, this is the answer. It's a very in-depth article about how they can quickly figure out issues and fix them to impact as little customer as possible.
Debugging Incidents in Google's Distributed Systems
Thanks for reading. I hope your Friday was awesome. 🍻